Thursday, October 23, 2008

Minty Fresh! Squeaky Clean!

My mouth is so happy right now.

In lieu of the upcoming surgery/inability to brush my teeth for a while, I made myself an extra appointment to the dentist to give everything one last uber-cleaning before Monday. God, was that worth it! My teeth are so clean that they literally squeak if I rub my finger against them. Heaven! And it didn't hurt that my appointment didn't hurt either; usually my brushing habits are a bit lacking, but in pre-surgery panic I've been brushing about 3x a day for the last month, and *almost* regularly flossing! My dentist said this was the best she'd ever seen my gums. My quickest cleaning to date too. Ahhhhhh!

I readily admit that I brushed my teeth the whole drive home with my parting-gift toothbrush as well (yes, basiclly masturbating my mouth with the tooth brush.) It just feels so good in there! Quick! Stick your tongue in my mouth to see for yourself!

I'm torn now; do I continue my graze-on-all-available-foods-pre-surgery campaign, or do I hold off dirtying my teeth for as long as I can? Dammit!

Oh, and do I use the anti-bacterial-by-prescription-only-but-will-stain-your-teeth mouthwash, or do I just use something milder to keep all the ick at bay? Dentist says the stains do come off with a cleaning, but she also said if I use it 2x/day, it stsains your teeth to the tune of 10 cups of coffee a day, and I'm not sure I'm willing to chance that, especially if my surgeon has not said anything. I'll ask him if its really necessary. Think I'm going to put a water pic on my shopping list either way.

No comments: