Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tick Tick Tick Tick

One good thing I've discovered about having sleep apnea is that it seems to make recovering from jet lag easier. If you're already used to operating while fairly exhausted anyhow, what's an extra 11 hours here or there, hmm?

It was fantastic to escape from my life for two weeks. I was completely distracted and managaed to actually relax. Cleared the brain a bit too. Makes sitting down and getting things ready for surgery easier. I feel less frantic; like I can actually get eveything ready without my head exploding. I'm gonna try and keep that headspace for as long as I can (not one of my stronger skills, but...)

Surgery is 12 days out. Time to pull my head out of the sand and start getting things ready. I had my first pre-op appointment today, which was not much more than taking molds of my teeth. Wore a blue paper bib, drooled a bit, walked out of the office with a bit of the dried pink mold mixture stuck to my face. Sexy. Also walked out of the office with a list of things I needed to get the ball rolling on. Started looking for an acupunturist, ordered my Zip n' Squeeze bags, bought some vitamins and supplements. Plenty more to do on that list, but am trying to get the more time sensitive ones out of the way.

No comments: