Friday, November 14, 2008

Kill Me Now

Ok, I wasn't lying about having clear nasal passages, but I sure as hell did jinx myself. I seem to have caught a rockin' cold from my four year old, and I am miserable. I had a sneeze or two earlier this week - no big deal once you figure out the science of not moving your lips and jaws while you do it - but it wasn't until yesterday that the rest of it kicked in. Sore throat, complete congestion, dry lips, and swollen tonsils. Plus I feel achey all over, and kind of headachey too. Meh! Just as I was composing another entry about how surprisingly good I feel for a mere 2.5 weeks post surgery!

If this is going to run its course anything like what my daughter had, I'll probably be pretty unhappy for about 3-4 days, and then will perk up with just residual coughing and congestion. I guess it could be worse; historically, the tonsils swelling up was almost guaranteed trouble breathing as my throat was so narrow. Not anymore! Yay surgery!! :D Nor did I catch the barfing flu, so I've got that going for me.

I do do much better when I am injured vs. sick though. When I am sick, I shut down. When I am injured, I just get impatient. Looks like I'm back to really sitting on my ass for a fedw days.

No comments: