Monday, November 10, 2008

Yawns - Both Technicolor and Not

Story #1: Not

So I'm still sleepy a lot blah blah sleep all the time blah blah never awake blah blah. I'm starting to think the OxyMoron they've got me taking is doing more harm than good in the sleep department. Been having crazy dreams, and nightmares too. Plus this chair is not exactly designed for sleeping in -- at least not for a week and a half straight. Anyhow, I've found myself yawning a lot these past few days. And subsequently, in a lot of pain from yawning. No way is my jaw going to open into a full blown yawn, nor are my lips ready to be stretched over said jaws.

So for the forseable future, I will be continuing to perfect my patented "Stifle Yawn". when you feel a yawn coming on, fight it. I know the urge to let your mouth go as far as you can is very tempting and would feel oh-so-satisfying (really, they've taken away all food with texture, leave me something!) but trust me when I tell you to fight it. Your jaw will tremble, but if you really open it, you'll be met with some really incredible pain and your yawn wiull be cut short anyhow, so don;t even bother. Next, direct all of that air out of your nostrils. True, they're not really made to accomidate that volume of air that quickly, but it ain't gonna come out your mouth. Flare those nostrils! Flare! Flare, I say!

******************************************************************************************

Story #2: Technicolor

"So that was Husband on the phone."
"Mmpff."
"He says Mags just threw up at their play date and he's going to bring her home."
"Mmpff?!?"
"Unless you think he should take her over to Joj's house; he doesn't want you to catch this."
"Mmpff......."

What to do? Four days out of the hospital. True, no bands right now, but I sure as shit don't want to be throwing up with an effectively broken jaw. But Joj can't really afford to catch it either, and well, I don't want to have to shun my little girl after having been gone nearly a week and when she's feeling poorly. I grabbed the whiteboard. Tell him to bring her home.

I hope I'm not going to regret letting Mags share my straw yesterday.....

There's a noise. I look around the black living room, but it doesn't seem to be coming from nearby. There it is again. From upstairs. Retching. I feel my way down the familiar dark hallway and up the stairs to the bathroom. Must get to daughter. Except its not.

(groaning)
"Mmpff?"
"Oh, I'm sorry I woke you." Its my mother in law, losing what sounds like her whole weeks worth of meals into the toilet.
"Mmpff mmpff?" Can I get you anything?
"No, I'll be fine. Just need to get it out of my system is all..."

Poor Husband. He went from having to help with one mostly sleeping patient to three females all laid up. Oh, and his computer totally dying in the night. And a double fender bender while driving me to the doctor's the following morning. Poor Husband.

Now where's my soup?

No comments: